Thursday, August 18, 2011

Birthday continues...

The first day back to work after vacation is always very strange. Not only does the day feel longer, it's also harder to keep your butt in your seat the whole time!

The girls were so sweet decorating my desk with flowers, a card, and some awesome new office supplies. Not only do I have the only teal calculator in the office, I also have a great Animal Planet chimp scratch paper to make my notes more snazzy.

Unfortunately, I was also completely exhausted. I won't get into the details of it, but last night it took about an hour to get seated for dinner, and another hour and a half to actually eat.

We went to Gyukaku, a teppan "cook-at-your-own-table" style restaurant in Pasadena. Apparently their happy hour is so popular that the place was packed!

Luckily, I knew that tonight's dinner was going to be much better because we're going to Real Food Daily!

RFD is my favorite vegan restaurant in Los Angeles. I frequent the second location which is in West Hollywood.

My almost-mother-in-law was so nice to take us out there, and I loved everything on the table.

We ordered: notchos with cashew cheeze and tofu sour cream, fettuccine alfredo with seitan, a black eyed pea concoction salad, and kung pao tempeh. Yum!

I fell asleep on the way home in the car so the rest of the night is pretty foggy. I have so much to look forward to though because tomorrow my real birthday party begins!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...