Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pretty in pesto

I didn't have the greatest day. It started with a 90+ degree night and Evan kicking me in the thigh around 5:31am. Add one of my diamond earrings dropping into a hamper filled to the brim with dirty clothes, a lukewarm latte, and a loooooooooong day of work and you get a grumpy Mahea.

I usually pack lunch the night before to save time, but I dropped my camera last night in Forever 21 and discovered that I almost completely shattered my UV filter. 

Somehow it doesn't affect my lens or my pictures, but I was kept up late thinking about it. I enjoyed an unpictured leftover slice of pizza for breakfast with my lukewarm latte, not the best breakfast I know.

















Lunch was a huge salad with red leaf lettuce, snow peas, and cremini mushrooms. I added Trader Joe's Balsamic Vinaigrette for dressing. Gala apple on the side!

Tonight was my rest night, so I took a break from exercise and chatted with my mom about various wedding plans.
It is proving to be rather difficult to plan a wedding from over 3,000 miles away!

I had an unusual craving for pesto for dinner. This is very atypical as although I like olive oil, basil, garlic, and pine nuts... I HATE them mixed together as pesto! So I decided on an alternate nut for the base and roasted up some walnut pieces.

Combined with brown rice penne and steamed broccoli, dinner turned out fantastic!


















Mmmm. Perfect. Garlicky, basily, with Romano grated on top. Even though the meal was a bit fatty that what I usually eat, I couldn't pass up dessert.

A little scoop of Southern Pecan makes my night a whole lot better!

And that background, that happens to be in my bathroom. It really is the best place in the house for lighting at nighttime. My camera is not great with low light situations so I have to be creative sometimes.

Time to watch an awesome crappy movie to perk up my spirits. I think Starship Troopers fits the bill very nicely.

Crossed fingers that tomorrow is better! How could it not be, it's F-R-I-D-A-Y!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...